ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] Greetings & request for help

2009-01-07 05:57:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] Greetings & request for help
From: Ullrich Mänz <umaenz AT FUM DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 11:50:34 +0100
Hi Yudi,

check your TSM server. There is no space left in the backuppool. You have
to add one or more volumes.
Archiving works because archive data is saved in the archivepool.

>From TSM Command Line Administrative Interface issue
 query stgpool
to determin space available in the staoragepools. In addition, check
storagepool volumes (i.e.):
 query volume * stgpool=backuppool
You may additional space (i.e. 500MB) by issuing command (let's assume,
your server is running on a Windows machine):
 define volume backuppool "c:\program
files\tivoli\tsm\server\bapoolvol.dsm" formatsize=500

Best regards

Ullrich Mänz
System-Integration

FRITZ & MACZIOL Software und Computervertrieb GmbH
Ludwig Str. 180D, 63067 Offenbach, Germany

Telefon:
+49 69 38013500 15
Mobil:
+49 170 7678434
Fax:
+49 69 38013500 10
Web:
http://www.fum.de

Amtsgericht Ulm, Handelsregister-Nummer: HRB 1936
Geschäftsführer: Heribert Fritz, Oliver Schallhorn, Frank Haines
Inhaber: Imtech N.V., Gouda, Niederlande
Referenzen finden Sie auf unserer Website, Rubrik 'News'.
For References, please click our website, button 'News'.
Mail powered by Lotus Notes Version 7

Yudi Darmadi <yudi AT NIAGAPRIMA DOT COM>
Gesendet von: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
07.01.2009 11:30
Bitte antworten an

An
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Kopie

Thema
[ADSM-L] Greetings & request for help

Dear all,

I'm Yudi, and i'm a newbie here..
I need help to solve my problem:
-I try to backup file(s) or directory using B/A GUI, and failed with error
message "ANS5092S Server Out of Data Storage Space".
I find out it occurs when the option "Backup or restore NTFS security
information" is choosed /marked (In theB/A GUI preferences).
For Archive process, no errors occur.
- If i deselect the option "Backup or restore NTFS security information"
(unmarked), the Backup process works just fine, either the archive.

Here are the informations about TSM Environment :
1. TSM server version and Operating System :
>>> TSM v5.5.1.0 on Win 2003 SP2 Std Editon 32 bit
2. TSM client version and Operating System :
>>> TSM v5.5.0.0 on Win 2003, Win 2008, ; TSM v5.4.2.0 Win XP (all
version & OS that connected to TSM Server.

Thanks for your advice,

Regards,

Yudi