ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Best way to push client side upgrades???

2008-06-04 00:14:32
Subject: [ADSM-L] Best way to push client side upgrades???
From: EVILUTION <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:57:25 -0400
I have about 1000 servers with V5.3.4.2 installed on them.  I would like to
bring them up to the supported V5.5.0.6 level but I don't want to visit each
one.

I'm not all that handy with scripting or SMS so some hand holding or even an
example script would be greatly appreciated.

I've spent a good number of hours searching for a recognized "best way" to do
this but haven't found any.  I've even asked at my local TSM users group and
didn't have any luck.  Hopefully you can help.

Some people say use and unattended script that shuts down the current TSM
services and runs the exe / silent install for the new code.  Apparently you
use the "net" command to access the clients.  I am completely in the dark about
scripting but I highly doubt that its tough to learn.  Honestly I don't even
know what software or application I would write the script with.  Help.

Thanks in advance,
JJ