ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Domino TDP installation confusion aka "Who's on First"

2008-01-31 11:42:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] Domino TDP installation confusion aka "Who's on First"
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:42:15 -0500
I am trying to do a fresh install of the latest TSM and Domino TDP clients
on a SPARC Solaris 10 box.  Never had any TSM clients installed.

I did the base client (5.5.0.1) and API.  No big deal or issues so far.

I then went to the instructions for the TDP install. It says to install
the API package that it includes and then the actual product. When I try
to install the TIVsmCapi.pkg that came with the TDP, the install fails
with:

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Solaris 9/10 API Client(sparc) Version 5
Release 4 Level 1.2

Current administration requires that a unique instance of the <TIVsmCapi>
package be created.  However, the maximum number of instances of the
package which may be supported at one time on the
same system has already been met.

So I figured the API from the base was all it needs.

Then I tried to run the TDPdomino.bin installer and it says:

API is not installed
The Tivoli Storage Manager Client API version 5.4.1.2 is not installed.
The IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail - Domino cannot be installed
without it..

So do I uninstall the 5.5 API and install the 5.4 API?

Also it sure would be nice if the TDP installation instructions included
info about the "-i console" switch and not assume everyone runs X11/GUI
and know all the options.