ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Strange ANR0536W all of a sudden

2008-01-31 11:44:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Strange ANR0536W all of a sudden
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:43:44 -0500
Now the "cross-restore" is a possibility on one of these nodes. Not sure
about the others.

Either way, I took this opportunity to push folks to get off 5.3 since IBM
drops support  for 5.3 in April 2008.

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
01/31/2008 11:05 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject

On Jan 31, 2008, at 9:40 AM, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU wrote:

> 1/31/2008 3:30:37 AM ANR0536W Transaction failed for session 121443
> for
> node ROSE-OTS (WinNT) - downlevel client does not support format of
> stored
> files.

Hi, Zoltan -

That superficially sounds to me like the case of someone on the
client end having experimented with a newer level of the TSM client,
and then having dropped back to the prevailing older value, leaving
the newly deposited data in the TSM storage pools with advanced
control data and structures.  This might also happen when some other
client, which happens to be at the higher level, poses as that other,
older client, via -VIRTUALNodename.

    what I can think of,  Richard Sims