ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Ultrium LTO3 single tape drive configuration.

2007-10-03 12:30:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] Ultrium LTO3 single tape drive configuration.
From: Mario <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 07:41:32 -0700
Hi, I'm asking for help on how to configure a single tape drive (not a library
!) Ultrium LTO3 as a backup device to work with TSM V5410 under windows2003
server. I've downloaded and installed some device drivers but I'm not sure if
they are the right ones. I've created a library with type:manual, a drive with
type:LTO, a storage pool and a device class but I'm stuck on how to proceed to
prepare the tape for backup. Could you pls assist?