ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] BACKUP STGPOOL puzzle: why so much from tape?

2007-10-03 12:06:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] BACKUP STGPOOL puzzle: why so much from tape?
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 09:48:54 -0600
It can be thought of as the "just in case" backup operation.  You may
well have had migrations.

I'm not sure if data that gets migrated, cached or not, is backed up
from disk or from tape.  I'm thinking that if it has been migrated and
is cached, the backup will occur from the nextstgpool in any event.
Perhaps an IBM dude can clear that up.  Or Mr. Sims.

Kelly J. Lipp
VP Manufacturing & CTO
STORServer, Inc.
485-B Elkton Drive