ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Oxford Symposium

2007-09-17 13:55:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Oxford Symposium
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:53:18 -0400
>> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:05:27 -0400, Mahesh Tailor <MTailor AT CARILION DOT
>> COM> said:

> Check out http://www.share.org.  This conference usually has the
> same type of topics.

SHARE is an entirely adequate second place.  Beware: it's
aggressively, even angrily, mainframe-centric.  They've chewed up and
spat out several attempts to generate a unix-centric "project".  TSM
as an application gets a pass because (IMO)

1) It started out on the mainframe
2) We don't talk all that much about the underlying OS
3) It's a very popular product.

Those are in order of importance. :)

If you go to it with this in mind, and an appropriately humble
second-class-citizen sort of attitude, you can get a lot of good out
of the conference.  Just think of yourself as a registered Christian
in the Ottoman empire.

Of course, we could put on a symposium on this side of the pond in the
even years, if Sheelagh doesn't plan to expand...

- Allen S. Rout