ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Full Backup Size Report

2007-09-07 09:39:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Full Backup Size Report
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 15:36:59 +0200
Hi !

Here's a couple of shell scripts that you could possibly use to achieve
your goal, without much stress ...

1)sizing.sh

dsmadmc -id=admin -pass=password -datao=yes -tab  select \'export node
\', node_name, \'filespace=\',filespace_name, \'preview=yes
filedata=allactive\' from filespaces where filespace_type not like
\'API%\' > /tmp/toto
#
tr -s '\t' ' ' <toto >toto1
sed "s/= /=/" toto1 > toto
#
cd  /tmp
CMD="dsmadmc -id=admin -password=password"
cat toto | while read input
do $CMD $input
done

2)sizing2.sh

dsmadmc -id=admin -pass=password -datao=yes -tab q act begind=01/14/2005
begint=12:18 s=\"export node running\" >active_data

Note1 : you could possibly modify the select statement in 1st script to
make it match your needs (in my example TDP data is excluded ...)
Note2 : take care, you're going to start MANY export processes
parallely, if having lots of filespaces/nodes : here again you can
modify the select statement to reduce the scope of it (per domain, mode
name, whatever ...)

You should first launch sizing.sh, and note the day and time where you
started it.
When all of the export processes will be completed, modify the "begind"
and "begint" variables in "sizing2.sh" script so that they reflect your
start date and time for the first script, and let it run ...  The output
file "active_data" will give you all what you need !

Probably not the most elegant solution, but it works !

Cheers

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******