ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] prescheduled postcheduled commands help

2007-08-22 10:06:49
Subject: [ADSM-L] prescheduled postcheduled commands help
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:04:57 -0400
Hello,

I need to stop two services before the incremental backup runs then
restart the services
once the backup completes. I know about the prescheduled and postscheduled
commands but have never used them. Where do I insert the commands in
dsm.opt file for
this to excute successfully? The following are the two services that
need to be stopped
then restarted once backup completes can someone tell me where I would
put in the dsm.opt file?
The dsm.opt file is below also.

1)Update Services
2) World Wide Web Publishing Service

Thanks in advance for any help!

TSM 5.3
TSM 5.3.4
AIX 5.3

LANG AMENG
DOMAIN  ALL-LOCAL
TCPSERVERADDRESS xxxx.xxx.xxxxxx.xx
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
TCPCLIENTADDRESS xx.xx.xx.xx
NODENAME OFSWTUS1
subdir yes
replace prompt
tcpb 32
tcpw 63
SCHEDMODE       PROMPTED
txnbytelimit 25600
errorlogname c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmerror.log
SCHEDlogname c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmsched.log
errorlogretention 14
schedlogretention 7
tcpnodelay yes
resourceutilization  3