ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] AW: [ADSM-L] v5.4.1.0 for Apple Mac

2007-06-29 09:08:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] AW: [ADSM-L] v5.4.1.0 for Apple Mac
From: Otto Chvosta <otto.chvosta AT MEDUNIWIEN.AC DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:07:32 +0200
Hi TSM'ers

We'd same problem on one of our mac clients.

Contacted Tivoli support an they told us to solve the problem with following
workaround:

1) drag the Tivoli Storage Manager installation to the desktop
2) right click (or control-click) the TSM icon
3) Select 'show package contents'
4) Browse to the Contents folder
5) open the 'distribution.dist' file in TextEdit
6) change line 53 from:

result = my.target.systemVersion.ProductVersion >= '10.4.3';

result = true

7) Save the distribution.dist file
8) Run the Tivoli Storage Manager installation as normal.

This works for us ...

Otto Chvosta
Medical University of Vienna