ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] v5.4.1.0 for Apple Mac

2007-06-29 06:27:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] v5.4.1.0 for Apple Mac
From: Gerhard Ginzler <gjg AT MEDUNIWIEN.AC DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:25:37 +0200
Answer from Tivoli:
IC53092:
Abstract: Unable to install TSM BA Client on Mac OS X 10.4.10
Problem Description: When attempting to install TSM BA Client on Mac OS
X 10.4.10, the install process does not allow the installation to take
place. The installer indicates that "You cannot install Tivoli Storage
Manager on this volume. Tivoli Storage Manager requires Mac OS X 10.4.3
or greater" and will not allow the user to progress past the 'Select a
Destination' screen.
Local Fix: Perform the following steps to bypass the check for operating
system level:
1) drag the Tivoli Storage Manager installation to the desktop
2) right click (or control-click) the TSM icon
3) Select 'show package contents'
4) Browse to the Contents folder
5) open the 'distribution.dist' file in TextEdit
6) change line 53 from:
result = my.target.systemVersion.ProductVersion >= '10.4.3';
result = true
7) Save the distribution.dist file
8) Run the Tivoli Storage Manager installation as normal.

Gerhard Ginzler

Gretchen L. Thiele schrieb:
Checking to see if anyone else has this problem with TSM v5.4.1.0
for an Intel Mac...

I just upgraded a Mac to 10.4.10, but the TSM client installation is
failing, stating that I must be at OS X 10.4.3 or higher.  I don't think
the installer is parsing the trailing '10' correctly...

I have not tried an installation with 5.4.0.4 since going to 10.4.10,
but I would presume that the same check is in place.

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University