ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] LABEL LIBV & VOLHIST problem

2007-06-06 10:48:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] LABEL LIBV & VOLHIST problem
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:46:58 -0400
On Jun 6, 2007, at 10:30 AM, Michael Green wrote:

I'm just looking for a confirmation of my assumption that I cannot
label/checkin stat=scr because it appear to belong to TSM-SERVER-3 in
the volume history. If yes (or if no) how can I fix this?

Michael -

This gets back to procedures.  The TSM server on which you performed
the volume history examination said the volume type is REMOTE, which
means that it belongs to a library client, ostensibly a TSM server
separate from the one on which you performed the examination.  The
Volume Location field identifies the owner server, where management
of the volume should occur.  Refer to the Admin Guide manual for the
procedures.

   Richard Sims