ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] LABEL LIBV & VOLHIST problem

2007-06-06 14:14:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] LABEL LIBV & VOLHIST problem
From: Michael Green <mishagreen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 21:14:09 +0300
On 6/6/07, Richard Sims <rbs AT bu DOT edu> wrote:
On Jun 6, 2007, at 10:30 AM, Michael Green wrote:

> I'm just looking for a confirmation of my assumption that I cannot
> label/checkin stat=scr because it appear to belong to TSM-SERVER-3 in
> the volume history. If yes (or if no) how can I fix this?

Michael -

This gets back to procedures.  The TSM server on which you performed
the volume history examination said the volume type is REMOTE, which
means that it belongs to a library client, ostensibly a TSM server
separate from the one on which you performed the examination.  The
Volume Location field identifies the owner server, where management
of the volume should occur.  Refer to the Admin Guide manual for the
procedures.

Richard, thanks. I have no problem with reading the documentation.
I have examined the volhistory file on both servers (event though I
didn't mention it in my initial email). The owner server
(TSM-SERVER-3) doesn't contain any record related to the volume
(OI0066).  It only appears on the server that manages the library.
This leads to the situation when one server points to the other
server. And the other server has no idea of the volume whatsoever. And
based on that the first server thinks the volume is managed by the
second server it refuses to LABEL/CHECKIN it as SCRATCH volume.

--
Warm regards,
Michael Green