ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Select command for TOTAL DAILY BACKUP

2007-03-22 15:25:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Select command for TOTAL DAILY BACKUP
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:24:42 -0400
If you trust the summary table (which you probably shouldn't) this is
interesting for all activity in last 25hr by activity( I overlap 1 hr
for my reports).  It's a start to add a where clase for just backup
activity.

 select  count(*) as count, -
           sum(bytes)/1024/1024/1024 as GigaBytes, -
           activity -
     from  summary -
     where cast((current_timestamp-start_time)hours as decimal(8,0)) < 25 -
     or  cast((current_timestamp-end_time)hours as decimal(8,0)) < 25 -
       group by activity

Rick

btw . . .  I have a ksh script that generates a large report each morning
of the following reports.  We run
this against all our tsm servers each morning.  It's a fairly ugly AIX ksh
script that's highly
customized for our site, but it  might be useful for someone out there.  If
interested . . . please email directly.

== r000 ===============================================================
== morning_report for tsm3 on rsfebkup7p
== Sun Mar  4 06:00:02 EST 2007
=
= REPORT INDEX
=
= r000 report index and beginning time stamp
= r005 lib info
= r010 activity summary
= r015 scratch count
= r019 scratch tape usage
= r021 reclaimable tapes by pct-reclaim
= r022 volume info
= r023 volumes per stgpool status and maxscratch
= r024 volume average utilization by stgpool
= r025 q dr
= r030 q path
= r035 q mount
= r036 drive activity
= r040 q db
= r045 q log
= r050 log consumption and utilization
= r055 log pin info (not emailed)
= r060 q pro
= r065 q sess
= r070 q stgpool
= r075 q copygroup (not emailed)
= r076 q events for exceptions - missed backups (not emailed)
= r077 slow backups
= r080 db backups
= r085 expiration - completions
= r090 expiration - detail (not emailed)
= r095 drive and media errors
= r100 recplan dir listings
= r105 q volhost type=dbb
= r110 q volhost type=dbs (not emailed)
= r120 stgpool volumes: 7 day trend (not emailed)
= r125 aix errpt
= r129 tdp notes - summary
= r130 tdp notes - full (not emailed)
= r131 tdp notes - incremental (not emailed)
= r132 tdp notes - logs (not emailed)
= r140 session per node where count > 1 (not emailed)
= r141 q option (not emailed)
= r145 occupancy by server
= r150 occupancy by domain
= r152 occupancy by stgpool
= r155 occupancy by node (not emailed)
= r157 q audotocc (not emailed)
= r160 nodes with no associations
= r161 nodes with no associations EXCLUSION LIST
= r165 nodes never backed up (not emailed)
= r166 zzrt nodes with associations (not emailed)
= r170 filespaces not backed up in 7 days (not emailed)
= r175 filespaces never backed up (not emailed)
= r180 server critical errors
= r184 backup objects and bytes per domain (not emailed)
= r185 backup objects and bytes per node (not emailed)
= r190 q vol (not emailed)
= r195 q libvol (not emailed)
= r999 report end timestamp

             Luc Beaudoin
             <lbeaudoi AT IS DOT JGH.

             MCGILL.CA>                                                 To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Select command for TOTAL DAILY
                                       BACKUP

             03/22/2007 02:13
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

I have a blank

I want to know how many GB I'm taking in backup everyday  ...  I would
like the TOTAL not by nodes ...

any ideas

thanks

Luc Beaudoin
Administrateur Réseau / Network Administrator
Hopital General Juif S.M.B.D.
Tel: (514) 340-8222 ext:8254

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.