ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Re: Select command for TOTAL DAILY BACKUP

2007-03-22 18:46:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Re: Select command for TOTAL DAILY BACKUP
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:28:07 -0500
Richard Rhodes wrote:

> If you trust the summary table (which you probably shouldn't) this is
> interesting for all activity in last 25hr by activity( I overlap 1 hr
> for my reports).  It's a start to add a where clase for just backup
> activity.

I use some similar queries for a daily "feel" of the TSM workload,
wrapped in a perl script and run from cron.  Broader scope than just
daily backup volume, but I figured I'd share.  I don't actually do
anything formal with this output, it's just taking the pulse of TSM.

Here are the raw select statements:

Activity Summary:

  select activity as "Operation          ", -
    cast(count(activity) as decimal(5,0)) as "Times", -
    cast(sum(affected) as integer) as "Objects", -
    cast(sum(examined) as integer) as "Examined", -
    cast(sum(bytes) / 1024 / 1024 as decimal(9,0)) as "Megabytes" -
    from summary where end_time>current_timestamp-(1)day -
    group by activity

Storage Pool Backup Summary:

  select entity as "Storage Pool", -
    cast(sum(affected) as integer) as "Objects", -
    cast(sum(bytes) / 1024 / 1024 as integer) as "Megabytes" -
    from summary where activity='STGPOOL BACKUP' and -
    end_time>current_timestamp-(1)day group by entity

Database Performance Summary:

  select activity,cast((end_time) as date) as "Date", -
    (examined/cast((end_time-start_time) seconds as -
    decimal(18,13))*3600) "Pages/Objects per Hour" from summary -
    where (activity='FULL_DBBACKUP' or activity='EXPIRATION') -
    and days(end_time)-days(start_time)=0 -
    and end_time>current_timestamp-(1)day

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa