ADSM-L

TSM SQL restore

2007-03-07 16:22:03
Subject: TSM SQL restore
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.s AT EVOLVINGSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 15:21:48 -0600
I'm having the hardest time with doing something with an SQL restore.

I can't seem to get the syntax right on what *should* be a simple exercise:

If I want to restore an SQL database (called DB_Stuff), backed up from SERVER1,
to SERVER2 (physically separate servers with eponymous SQL instances), what the
hell is the syntax for restoring the full backup, plus say a half-dozen log
files?

Must be age or something, because I can't get the darned syntax right. There
really needs to be an example of that somewhere in the documentation, since
that is a classic exercise during a partial disaster.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.s AT evolvingsol DOT com)
Senior consultant