ADSM-L

HELP NEEDED ASAP!!

2006-12-07 13:54:41
Subject: HELP NEEDED ASAP!!
From: "Dearman, Richard" <rdearm1 AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:53:06 -0600
One of oour main windows 2003 server crahsed today and the san disk it
turs out is corrupted and we need to restore 2TB of user files to a new
server.

The users cannot login to their workstations because this server is used
in our login process and each user maps a home directory to a share on
that server when they login.  I am in the process of creating a backupset
so the restore can go quickly but our management needs the users to at
least be able to login even if there data is not restored yet.

So if I start a restore will TSM recreate all the folders with permissions
first then start putting the data back last?  If we can get the folder
structure back first we can at least let people login.

Does anyone know if TSM will put the folder structure back first with
permissions?

Thanks