ADSM-L

Re: OT? TSM in a hospital environment

2006-06-19 14:05:28
Subject: Re: OT? TSM in a hospital environment
From: "Bell, Charles (Chip)" <Chip.Bell AT BHSALA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:04:33 -0500
Yep, we support 5 hospitals here. The only problems I have run into with
Application vendors is that they sometimes request that I exclude key
app components from backup, and back up a copy they generate instead.
Also, in case of SQL, I'll set up TDP to back up the databases on a
separate schedule if they do not fully support the databases.

I've heard other complain of GE, and I wonder if they are concerned that
they are losing potential customers to Phillips and others over that
very issue. Let's not innovate or anything...  :)

But, yes, some vendors are very picky about what they will allow you to
back up, and how you can back it up. We have had many that try to blame
TSM for ills that end up being THEIR app, TSM client hardware, etc...I'm
sure I'm preaching to the choir. Not surprisingly, we win all of those
battles.  :)