ADSM-L

Re: OT? TSM in a hospital environment

2006-06-19 13:54:21
Subject: Re: OT? TSM in a hospital environment
From: Bruce Tamulis <TAMULISB AT TRINITY-HEALTH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:53:36 -0400
Yea, it is typically the case, especially with the GE folks.  My take on
this is, if we pay,,,we say what goes.

Bruce A. Tamulis, CNA
Network & Desktop Support Tech III
616-752-6573
tamulisb AT trinity-health DOT org

Start using HEAT Self Serve (HSS) Today!
Just click on the link below.
http://hss.trinity-health.org/
This message may contain confidential information protected by law
through attorney-client privilege or professional peer review/quality
evaluation privilege.  It is intended only for the individual or entity
named above.  It is prohibited for anyone else to disclose, copy,
distribute or use the contents of this message.  If you received this
message in error, please notify me immediately at the above number.

>>> david.tyree AT SGMC DOT ORG Monday, June 19, 2006 >>>
            Are there any folks on the list that are using TSM in a
hospital?

            Sometimes we have to battle with some of our software
venders to allow us to backup their system using TSM. Sometimes they
will tell us that the system is FDA approved as is and must be backed
up
using a built-in tape drive and we can't touch the system. Some times
that might be believable but not always. It seems that GE appears to
be
especially hard headed in this regard.

            We bought into TSM because you back up anything (well most
anything) and not have to worry about having assorted different tape
drives scattered everywhere.

            I would like to compare notes with other TSM people if
possible.

            thanks

David Tyree
Enterprise Backup Administrator
South Georgia Medical Center
229.333.1155

text pager 1569 AT tais.sgmc DOT org

Confidential Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use,
copies of the original message.