ADSM-L

Re: Retention Query

2006-06-08 07:01:53
Subject: Re: Retention Query
From: Bill Dourado <bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:01:29 +0100
Gary,

"Do the copypools have the same characteristics? "  The answer is YES...if
for example you have
 20 backup versions of a file on your ONLINE pool....there should be 20 on
the COPYPOOL.

You don't have to send off 4 copypool tapes each  day,  one will do.

We have six online diskpools &  six corresponding online tapepools but the
data is backed up
 to one COPYPOOL tape which is sent off site on a daily basis.

Regards

Bill

"Matthews, Gary" <gary.matthews AT LOGICACMG DOT COM>
08/06/2006 11:00