ADSM-L

Tape drive device names on a Netapp for NDMP

2006-06-05 12:49:20
Subject: Tape drive device names on a Netapp for NDMP
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:49:48 -0400
Working on configuring NDMP backups for a Netapp filer. Here's the output of
the sysconfig -t:

hmnap03> sysconfig -t

    Tape drive (PR-9120-SAN-A:0-12.125)  IBM     ULT3580-TD3
    rst0l  -  rewind device,        format is: LTO rd only 200GB cmp
    nrst0l -  no rewind device,     format is: LTO rd only 200GB cmp
    urst0l -  unload/reload device, format is: LTO rd only 200GB cmp
    rst0m  -  rewind device,        format is: LTO 2 400GB cmp
    nrst0m -  no rewind device,     format is: LTO 2 400GB cmp
    urst0m -  unload/reload device, format is: LTO 2 400GB cmp
    rst0h  -  rewind device,        format is: LTO 3 400GB
    nrst0h -  no rewind device,     format is: LTO 3 400GB
    urst0h -  unload/reload device, format is: LTO 3 400GB
    rst0a  -  rewind device,        format is: LTO 3 800GB cmp
    nrst0a -  no rewind device,     format is: LTO 3 800GB cmp
    urst0a -  unload/reload device, format is: LTO 3 800GB cmp

Which one of these device names do I use in the define path on my TSM server?
I'm using the TSM server as a library manager
controlling the library. Would I use the 'rst0a' device name for my LTO3 drive?

Any help is very much appreciated!

Bill Boyer
"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional" - ??