ADSM-L

Domino TDP and MountWait parm

2006-05-01 13:42:50
Subject: Domino TDP and MountWait parm
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 13:42:22 -0400
Solaris 9 - TSM 5.3.0 client
Domino TDP - 5.3.0

We have been having lot of issues with Domino servers/processes
hanging/stalling when the TDP backups kick off, especially when doing
transaction log dumping.  Everything would seize up while the transaction
logs were dumped.  We also have been noticing slowdowns caused by the
actual backups.

Through accident and experimentation, we discovered this can minimize/stop
these hangups by adding the /MOUNTWAIT=NO parm to the DOMDSMC command.

This makes no sense since the book describes this as "waiting for tape
resources" when in fact, all backups to all Domino systems go directly to
a 2TB disk LZ.

Can someone (Del ?) please explain this and what are the consequences of
using this parm and why do I seem to need it ?