ADSM-L

Re: Defining scripts in 5.3

2006-04-12 12:25:12
Subject: Re: Defining scripts in 5.3
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:19:09 -0500
The continuation character is a dash.  Just put it at the end of the line
in the script before the carriage return.  Or you don't need the
continuation characters if you take out your carriage returns and just
have everything on one really long line.

ie.

do some stuff here in my script -
continuing stuff from the line above

or

do some stuff here in my script continuing stuff from the line above

More information on how you are copying these scripts and where you are
getting the error might help more.  Maybe you are missing a closed quote
somewhere.

______________________________
John Monahan
Consultant Infrastructure Solutions Group
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com

"Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
04/12/2006 10:57 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Defining scripts in 5.3

I'm trying to create some scripts on a new server by copying them from a
different server but having problems with their structure. I get the below
message. These work find on the5.2 server but unfortunately knowing little
about SQL I'm not sure where to break these up to get them created. Can
anyone help me with some direction, possible samples, on where to put the
continuation character? These scripts have multiple selects

A command in the script contains a combination of double and single
quotation characters. The command must be continued across multiple lines
with a continuation character as the last character in the line.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com