ADSM-L

Re: 3584 library: problems with some trays

2006-03-20 15:03:59
Subject: Re: 3584 library: problems with some trays
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen AT STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:03:41 +0100
On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 12:25:07PM -0700, Ben Bullock wrote:

>       I have a guess. I have a 3494, so I might be wrong, but I will
> take a shot.
        [snip explanation]

Thanks for your explanation. I don't think the situation you describe
is the case though (but it could certainly have something to do with
it), but it did remind me that I forgot to mention something explicitly:
the library only thinks the mentioned slots are completely empty
after an initialization that ran due to a powerup or the opening/closing
of the entire front door. The weird thing is that when I perform a
library inventory using the front panel, *all* tapes are detected,
*including* the ones that the library didn't see just seconds earlier.

This is consistent behaviour: inventory triggered by powerup/front
door --> tapes invisible, inventory triggered manually --> all tapes
visible.

Weird.

--
Jurjen Oskam