ADSM-L

Re: 3584 library: problems with some trays

2006-03-29 04:38:18
Subject: Re: 3584 library: problems with some trays
From: Leigh Reed <L.Reed AT MDX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:26:52 +0100
Did anybody get a resolution to this problem. We are looking to upgrade
the firmware on our 3584 to 5770, but I am concerned that we may suffer
from the problems people have described with this thread.

I raised a call with IBM and they have come back with the fact that it
may be to do with a barcode scanner that has been installed upside down.
Solution is to ensure that the barcode scanner is installed correctly.
I'm not exactly sure why the upgrade to firmware 5770 exposes this
incorrect installation and that previous to this, it has not been a
problem.

Has anybody else received the same advice and did it solve the issue of
'loosing' slots.

Thanks

Leigh