ADSM-L

ANRE2080 reported error

2006-01-24 15:26:45
Subject: ANRE2080 reported error
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:25:05 -0800
For whatever reason I can't find this message anywhere so maybe explaining
the cause will help.

I am trying to test TSM 5.3.2.2 on a Windows 2003 server. I just now added a
4mm external tape drive, Windows shows the device, and I can run a backup to
it using Windows backup. I then updated the 5.3.2.1 software and drivers to
5.3.2.2. When I go into devices and try to add it to TSM I first get a
message that the TSM Device Driver is not running, I click yes to start it
now and then I get the ANRE2080 message that says, The system cannot find
the device specified. Clicking ok does not show the dat drive on the list.

Anyone seen this error and know how to resolve it?

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com