ADSM-L

Re: The max recovery log utilization is too high

2006-01-11 12:34:22
Subject: Re: The max recovery log utilization is too high
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:33:55 -0500
On Jan 11, 2006, at 12:28 PM, Marcelo Barreto wrote:

Hi,
    I receive the message "The max recovery log utilization is too
high"
in my TSM daily report, if I query log (q log) the operation result
is:

Available Assigned  Maximum   Maximum   Page S  Total Us  Used Pag
Pct
Max.
 Space (M Capacity   Extensi   Reducti  Size (  sable Pa       ges
Util
. Pct
      MB)     (MB)  ion (MB)  ion (MB) (bytes)      ages
Util
--------- -------- --------- --------- ------- --------- ---------
-----
-----
    1,100    1,100         0     1,092   4,096   281,088
355   0.1
100.0

        Is that message important? How could I fix that?

Yes.  The Max. Pct Util value should frighten you.
Have a look at your Activity Log entries over the past few days
Add space to your Recovery Log, per the Admin Guide manual.
Then reset the high water mark.

   Richard Sims