ADSM-L

Question on combining libraries

2006-01-04 11:21:35
Subject: Question on combining libraries
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:22:03 -0500
TSM Server 5.3.2.1 running on AIX 5.3
3584 library (3584CLASS)
3583 library (3583CLASS)

We have 2 libraries (3584 and 3583) each with 4 SCSI LTO-1 drives. We are
purchasing 6 LTO-3 fibre drives that will be installed in
the 3584 only! The wish is to take the 3583 out of the picture. If after
swapping out the drives can I just change the 3583CLASS
device class to point to the 3584 library and then I would have 2 device
classes referring to the same library. Or would I need to
create all new stgpools that reference only the 3584 library? I don't really
want to do that as all my offsite tapes (100's of 'em!)
use the 3583CLASS.

Bill Boyer
"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional" - ??