ADSM-L

Missed backups

2006-01-04 11:15:21
Subject: Missed backups
From: "Meadows, Andrew" <AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:18:46 -0600
I have a general question here.

I have about 150 clients.
Client info:

Windows 2003 server
Windows 2000 server
Red Hat Linux 3 AS
AIX 5.1

All running tsm client version 5 or later sending data to a tsm server
on AIX running version 5.3

On a nightly basis I have at least 6 or 7 of these servers that miss
their backups due to the service stopping. Is this common. Do other
people experience these misses or is it something I need to look into on
these servers. For the most part they are not the same server and I have
the schedules spread from 7pm to 12 pm hourly.

Just wanting to get a general guage of if there is something that I need
to look into that I am doing wrong or if this is a normal and acceptable
level of misses per night.

Thanks,
Andrew

immediately.