ADSM-L

Find # of tapes used per node

2005-11-18 15:19:28
Subject: Find # of tapes used per node
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:19:05 -0500
Hello,

I am trying to find out the number of onsite & offsite tapes that a
particular group of nodes are using.  I have been using the following
select statement:

select distinct count(*) as "Volume Count",node_name from volumeusage where
stgpool_name like 'COPY%' and node_name like 'FJSU%' group by node_name

select distinct count(*) as "Volume Count",node_name from volumeusage where
stgpool_name like 'TAPE%' and node_name like 'FJSU%' group by node_name

but the results I get are adding up to more than the total number of tapes
that are being used by the environment, so I believe that I am getting
incorrect data.  Could someone please let me know what I might be doing
wrong?  Thanks!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Systems Programmer
Work:(717)302-6603
(717)302-9966 (NEW NUMBER as of 11/17/2005)
(717) 302-9826 (NEW FAX after 11/17/2006)
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com