ADSM-L

Antwort: [ADSM-L] Linux as a TSM server

2005-08-10 02:33:58
Subject: Antwort: [ADSM-L] Linux as a TSM server
From: Dierk Harbort <Dierk.Harbort AT BUERGEL DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:33:25 +0200
Hi, Bill !

We are running our TSM server (5.2.) on SUSE Linux SLES 8, without any
problems. The only thing is, that you have to take care
for the user rights: Only users with a root-like logon will be able to do
anything on the TSM Server. So we created a special root user for
TSM with root the Linux ID - that works fine.

Regards, Dierk

                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"        An:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA        Kopie:
                    RIST.EDU>            Thema:  [ADSM-L] Linux as a TSM server

                    09.08.2005
                    21:35
                    Bitte
                    antworten an
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Is anyone experiencing a lot of problems running their TSM server on Linux?
I have not really noticed a lot of problems brought up about this, but it
could because I wasn't looking.

Thanks,
Bill Sherrill