ADSM-L

Re: Linux as a TSM server

2005-08-09 23:40:52
Subject: Re: Linux as a TSM server
From: Braulio Junior <bjunior AT BJUNIOR.ETI DOT BR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:40:22 -0300
I have 6 TSM's customers running linux and backing up filesystems and
databases, including db2 (aix and linux), oracle (sun), informix (linux
and windows) and sql-server. No problems... Stable and fast...

I'm configuring another TSM Server for a 90Gb Informix, running again
under Linux. Since now, no problems too.

Everyone running SuSE Linux (SLES 8 and 9). My personal TSM runs using a
SuSE Linux Professional 9.2.

Braulio Junior
IT Manager
bjunior AT bjunior.eti DOT br
Linux User #208017 - Get Counted at http://counter.li.org/

A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block
of marble; then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an
elephant.

William Sherrill wrote:
Is anyone experiencing a lot of problems running their TSM server on Linux?
I have not really noticed a lot of problems brought up about this, but it
could because I wasn't looking.

Thanks,
Bill Sherrill