ADSM-L

Re: Linux as a TSM server

2005-08-09 16:48:41
Subject: Re: Linux as a TSM server
From: "Mueller, Ken" <KMueller AT MCARTA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 16:48:26 -0400
We've been running TSM on Intel/Red Hat for over 2 years.  For reference,
we're using TSM server 5.2.4.2 on RHEL 3.0 Update 1 on an IBM x335. FC
attached 3583 and disk pools (separate hba's, of course!) - Database is
about 20G - Backup types include DP for Oracle and Exchange, a few Windows
machines, and Linux servers (including several w/15 million+ files - we use
image+incremental there).

The only problems we've had were due to buggy firmware on our 3583's Gen 1
LTO drives causing I/O errors - wasn't the penguin's fault!  Are you running
into 'a lot of problems'?
-Ken Mueller