ADSM-L

AW: weird request

2005-07-20 04:56:01
Subject: AW: weird request
From: Salak Juraj <J.Salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:55:50 +0200
Hi Joe,

Should you go agree wit this request  and do not backup those older files,
you would be told guilty once you would not be able recover them.

I find it is your duty to tell the custommer this requirement is
dangerous, if he really does not want to back it up so he does not need this
files and he shall delete them (hi, Andy! :=) )

I´d do following:
1st: explain it in a very kind way to the custommer
2nd: offer him huge rebate for the data amount beeing currently occupied by
those old files.
(If this amount is quite big you can "move data" off the expensive tape library
to an inexpensive tape to keep your costs very low.)

This way you are on the safe side and the custommer is convicted you are on his
side, determined to solve his problems.

regards
juraj