ADSM-L

How to configure DD4 internal tape drive as a manual drive & library ?

2005-07-20 07:50:52
Subject: How to configure DD4 internal tape drive as a manual drive & library ?
From: RAMNAWAZ NAVEEN <NAVEEN.NR AT SBM.INTNET DOT MU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:52:11 +0400
Hi,

Can some please help me configure my internal DDS4 drive so that I may use it
to backup thru TSM. I have been going thru the Tivoli Implementation guide and
been thru the provided procedure but got stuck.

I am running under AIX 5.1 and TSM 5.1.1.1

I have been able to configure the following under AIX (smitty devices, TSM
devices, add tape drive - OK)
But I am not able to configure a manual library.

When I do lsdev -Cc tape, I get the folw output :

        rmt0 Available 3A-08-00-6,0 SCSI 4mm Tape Drive

I know how to go about configuring a manual library at OS level first from here
but the problem is that I don't know what connection address to give.

Also, I am not able to configure the manual tape libary paths.
The output from tsm cmds are as listed below

q drive

Library Name     Drive Name       Device Type     On-Line
4MMLIB           4MMDRIVE         GENERICTAPE     Yes

q path
Source Name     Source Type     Destination     Destination     On-Line
                                Name            Type