ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.2 Integrated Solutions Console error v5.1

2005-06-22 13:13:41
Subject: Re: TSM 5.2 Integrated Solutions Console error v5.1
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:13:16 -0600
Paul, have you tried manually uninstalling (per the README file), then
reinstalling? Also, try the install from the actual console, not remote
desktop/terminal services.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-06-22
09:56:16:

>   To my fellow
>          TSMrs
> I have been trying to install ISC v5.1 on windows 2003 server and
continue
> to get this error
> I have a pmr opened and am getting no where with this TSM I will call
you
> back nonsense from IBM
> How can a software install cd not create its own directory. At least
that is
> what i get from the error below
> Everything else in there in the IBM/ISC directory, but it fails trying
> write to a log file dir that it isn't creating
> Any help would be greatly appreciated
>

> un 22, 2005 12:04:20 PM), Setup.product.install,
> com.ibm.wps.install.ExternalCommandAction$CancelWatcher, msg2, Created
> Cancelwatcher
> (Jun 22, 2005 12:08:11 PM), Setup.product.install,
> com.ibm.wps.install.ExternalCommandAction$OutputWatcher, msg2,
> OutputWatcher: StdErr: WARNING: could not write using log service:
> ServiceException: (error code = 200; message = "C:\Program
> Files\IBM\ISC\PortalServer\log\wpsinstalllog.txt (The system cannot find
the
> path specified)"; severity = 0; exception =
[java.io.FileNotFoundException: