ADSM-L

Failed WEOF

2005-06-21 06:09:02
Subject: Failed WEOF
From: Matthew Large <Matthew.Large AT AVIVA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:10:04 +0100
Chaps,
During the backup stgpool of a 1.7TB file, I got this message in the
actlog:

ANR8341I End-of-volume reached for LTO volume ACO215L2.
ANR8311E An I/O error occurred while accessing drive DRV01 (mt1.0.0.2) for
WEOF
operation, errno = 1117.
ANR9999D pvrntp.c(2648): ThreadId<63> Error writing EOT to NTP volume
ACO215L2.
ANR8468I LTO volume ACO215L2 dismounted from drive DRV01 (mt1.0.0.2) in
library IBM3583.

What I'd like to know is if the server has mounted a tape to write all the
data again (2 hours wait) or is it ok with the failed WEOF marker?

Another question in the same breath is: When backing up a storage pool
with files much large than the volumes, will TSM only report the volumes
as being 'mountable' to DRM when the file has been backed up or would the
volume be reported as being mountable as soon as it is dismounted?

Cheers,
Matthew

Aviva plc
Registered Office: St. Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ
Registered in England Number 02468686
www.aviva.com

This message and any attachments are confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone
or e-mail the sender and delete this message and any
attachment from your system. Also, if you are not the
intended recipient you must not copy this message or
attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.