ADSM-L

archive in TDP for DBS

2005-05-24 09:25:42
Subject: archive in TDP for DBS
From: Marek Ślusarski <SlusarskiM AT PROKOM DOT PL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 15:25:21 +0200
I'm currently running daily backups keeping 10 versions of Informix
database (two weeks/daily backups). However, the Informix admin requires a
one daily backups  to be saved for a specified period of time (4 weeks )
and one monthly  to be saved for one year. The keyproblem is, that TDP for
Informix ( not only for Informix) has no archive-feature (no  archive copy
group).
I'm thinking about registering a second node for a second backup of the
databases on Informix but I know that Informix traces its backups by
"emergency boot file" and inserts into sysutils database so I don't know if
after backing up Informix database by two or three different nodes I still
be able to restore.
Does anyone have anything like this implemented?

Thanks!
Marek