ADSM-L

Re: Retrieves failing on files with future archive attributes

2005-03-10 13:02:24
Subject: Re: Retrieves failing on files with future archive attributes
From: Andrew Ferris <AFerris AT MRL.UBC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:01:55 -0800
Thank you Richard. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear before but this is a
slightly odd scenario where data on NetWare clustered volumes will not
get retrieved correctly after an archive. The files that fail all seem
to have an odd archive attribute (not due to TSM). I was just interested
in some background info on archives as the NetWare client manual is
terser than the Windows client.

Andrew Ferris
Network Support Analyst
iCAPTURE Research Centre
University of British Columbia

On Mar 9, 2005, at 9:05 PM, Andrew Ferris wrote:

> Thanks Andy. I'll talk to support but I'm still curious about if TSM
> looks at the archive attribute at all.

TSM has historically not used the Archive Attribute in Windows to
evaluate the backup candidacy of a file. See the client manual doc of
the Resetarchiveattribute option.

    Richard Sims