ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 install

2005-02-04 07:37:49
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 install
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 06:37:12 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Timothy Hughes
>We are going to install TSM 5.3 on one of TSM Servers next week.
>we are going to install the ISC/Web Admin on the same server
>as TSM. I'm pretty sure we have to correct requirements Has
>anyone had any problems with installing  TSM 5.3? on AIX 5.2
>Is there anything that I should watch for? be aware of?

Did just such an install the other day. The ISC and TSM server reside on
the same machine.

Pay attention to the ISC readme files. One requirement not in the docs
that we ran across is that the /opt filesystem needs to have enough
space for the code to install into. I don't remember the particulars,
but the Installshield process gave us a chance to stop and resize /opt.

TSM 5.3.0.0 with the Administration Center
AIX 5.2 ML4 P610 with 2GB RAM

The upshot was a successful install. The TSM Administration Center is a
little slow for my taste; additional RAM may solve that. The interface
itself...well, I'm not starting that thread again.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627