ADSM-L

Re: two management classes for the same client

2004-12-10 10:22:56
Subject: Re: two management classes for the same client
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:22:37 -0700
Good question.

I think your concerns are based on a confusion of the term "policy set". A
policy set is NOT the same as a management class; rather, it is the parent
container for your management classes. So it is true that a client cannot
be managed by two policy sets at the same time; but a client can use
multiple management classes within its policy set, just as you have
described.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/10/2004
07:54:44: