ADSM-L

Changed files not backed up...

2004-11-12 09:20:00
Subject: Changed files not backed up...
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:19:56 +0100
A Test Environment:
TSM 5.2.3.0 server on Linux Suse 9.1
TSM 5.2.3.0 client in Windows XP SP2

Hi *SM-ers!
I have created a small test environment with the specifications above. It's
a basic setup with just a 160 Gb. diskpool, no libraries.
When the client performs a backup I see that drive c: backs up ok. For all
the other local drives only new files are backed up. Changed files are just
skipped, without any error. Deleted files are successfully marked inactive
after an incremental.
I'm really lost here... I created an text file and it was backed up
successful. I changed the file and started an incremental: it was skipped...
To make it even stranger: an incremental backup through the GUI (dsm.exe)
works fine!!!
Thank you very much for any reply in advance!!!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.