ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.2 Linux

2004-11-09 12:59:06
Subject: Re: TSM 5.2 Linux
From: Michael Prix <michael.prix AT RS6000.DARKTECH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 18:58:21 +0100
On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 16:14, Braulio Junior wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new in this list, and I don't know how to search my problem.
>
> I have an IBM xSeries with this configuration:
>
> 2 X Pentium III (Coppermine)
> SCSI storage controller: Adaptec AIC-7899P U160/m (rev 01)
> RAID bus controller: IBM Netfinity ServeRAID controller
> Tape drive SEAGATE  Model: DAT    06240-XXX
> SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8.0 (United Linux 1.0), no services packs yet
>
> I have installed TSM 5.2.1, which provides support to my running kernel
> (2.4.19-64GB-SMP), but when I try to load the tsmscsi, I get the error:
> ./tsmscsi: Error -  insmod failed to load
> /opt/tivoli/tsm/devices/bin/lb.2.4.19-64GB-SMP correctly. Check that
> file /opt/tivoli/tsm/devices/bin/lb.conf is configured correctly.
>
> My /opt/tivoli/tsm/devices/bin/lb.conf :
>
> HOST[0]=0
> CHANNEL[0]=0
> ID[0]=7
> LUN[0]=0

There is no library at SCSI-ID7 in your system, as you only have a tape
drive, and no Library.
SCSI ID7 is also a bad choice, as it is per default the ID of the
SCSI-Controller.
Read the Administrators Manual or the Qick install guide as how to
configure a single tape-drive.

--
Michael Prix
Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that