ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.2 Linux

2004-11-12 06:59:24
Subject: Re: TSM 5.2 Linux
From: Richard van Denzel <RvanDenzel AT SLTN DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:46:36 +0100
Hi Braulio,

You don't need all that lb.conf stuff. You'll need the IBM Tape Driver
supplied at: ftp://service.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/Linux/RHEL3/.
This will supply you with the necessary drivers for the Drives and the
Changer (/dev/IBMtapex and /dev/IBMchangerx).

Beware the drivers are not available for all kernel version, so you'll
need to update the kernel for that. You can use the following procedure:

1) Install the IBM tape driver package (it will not work at this point)
2) Update your kernel to the version you'l need according the IBMtape
package
3) Reboot your system

Regards,

Richard.

Braulio Junior <bjunior AT BJUNIOR.ETI DOT BR>
12-11-2004 12:49