ADSM-L

Large Domino systems to LTO drives

2004-08-18 12:07:46
Subject: Large Domino systems to LTO drives
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:07:53 -0400
I am working on moving current Lotus Domino backups to an LTO2 drive
system since the Domino systems will be growing to 2-3TB in size (or
more).

I am looking for performance hints/suggestions/ideas, specifically related
to Domino TDP backups !

Obviously, it will have to go straight-to-tape !

One document I read said to use TXNBYTELIMIT 2097152 for straight-to-LTO,
but I thought that I read somewhere that the TDP for Domino doesn't
honor/use this setting !  Can someone (Del) confirm/deny this ?

I would also need to rotate/vary the DSM.OPT file being used for regular
backups versus big-to-LTO backups.

Looking for any suggestions/recommendations/war-stories to do this !

Almost forgot......these are Windows 2K3 systems with the latest TDP,
5.1.5.1 !  The storage is on a SAN !