ADSM-L

Re: Tier'ed library

2004-06-16 09:51:24
Subject: Re: Tier'ed library
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:47:52 -0500
Milton,

Thanks for the info.  I briefly looked at Sepaton, but I had no idea they
were that inexpensive.  I will probably give them a second look.

But one thing that I'm struggling with is "why a VTL?"

Between random-access DISK volumes and sequential-access FILE volumes what
does a VTL buy me that I couldn't implement using those two volume types
in TSM?

Thanks.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram, L.L.C.

"Johnson, Milton" <milton.johnson AT citigroup DOT com>
06/15/2004 03:13 PM