ADSM-L

Re: Magic Number Mismatch

2004-06-01 14:25:27
Subject: Re: Magic Number Mismatch
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:24:49 -0400
>I am very new to TSM, but have found that since June of 2003 we have received 8
>of the following Error Messages.  After receiving the error, the instance we
>receive it on locks up and has to be restarted.
>
>The message is:
>
>05/31/2004 06:21:25  ANR9999D Invalid condition object at 20 - magic number
>mismatch; thread 56 (tid 0).
>05/31/2004 06:21:25  ANR7838S Server operation terminated.
>
>We are running TSM 5.2.1.1 on an AIX 5.1 m4 server.
>
>I have searched IBM and various other sites for information on this error, but
>have not found any useful information.  Anyone know of this error, cause, fix
>etc.?
>
>Any help or documentation I can read would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn - You may be searching on the whole literal message; but some of the
        values in messages vary, so try to search on only fixed keywords.
I searched on      +ANR9999D +magic +number +"invalid condition"
and found multiple APARs describing various 5.1 problems.
Consider boosting your server maintenance level.

    Richard Sims