ADSM-L

WHAt is TRUE LAN FREE backup speeds?

2004-05-07 13:50:17
Subject: WHAt is TRUE LAN FREE backup speeds?
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 13:44:44 -0400
Hello all,
    It me again with the big DB2 warehouse backup questions.  As we try
to come up with better design considerations I really would like to know
what kind of throughput people are getting when using the LAN FREE
option to backup huge data bases.   I am working from a p690 14 CPU
server with all the data spread on 3 different Shark systems.  I am
considering using some SAn attached 9840C (30MB/sec uncompressed)
drives.
What kind of throughput speeds are people getting using the LAN FREE
option?

PS: I am hoping to still use the DB2 backup faciity with multiple
sessions to multiple tape drives.

Thanks in advance
Matt