ADSM-L

Re: WHAt is TRUE LAN FREE backup speeds?

2004-05-07 17:05:18
Subject: Re: WHAt is TRUE LAN FREE backup speeds?
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT PARADISE.NET DOT NZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 09:01:37 +1200
LANfree, effectively, allows you to directly attach the tape device to the
client node.

So it can run either near the speed you can directly stream to the device
(as you would from a
TSM server) or however fast the node can push data out in a single stream.
Pick the slower of the 2.

We have found older and I/O bound servers getting up to half the throughput
of something
new, out of the box.

Sounds like you have more than enough grunt to push data through to the
drives.

Cheers, Suad