ADSM-L

Re: TSM license audit not equal number of nodes

2004-03-10 08:06:02
Subject: Re: TSM license audit not equal number of nodes
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:04:12 -0500
Nancy,

As far as I can tell it no longer matters what the TSM software thinks
you have as far as number of nodes; just tell it you have enough to make
it shut up.

The reason it no longer matters is that IBM no longer charges you by
node but by processor and the TSM software auditing component does not
know about processors.  TSM software auditing is a relict of a simpler
day.

David

>>> Nancy.Reeves AT WICHITA DOT EDU 3/8/2004 5:30:52 PM >>>
We are in the process of ordering a TSM upgrade (from 4.1 to 5.1 or
5.2)
and are having pricing issues. I ran a license audit to see what we
are
using now and it showed 108 "Managed System for LAN" licenses in use
(of
200), but we only have 78 nodes registered. I do not understand the
discrepancy. Can anyone explain it to me?

Nancy Reeves
Technical Support, Wichita State University
Nancy.Reeves AT wichita DOT edu          316-978-3860